Photo by Denny Müller on Unsplash
My top browser extensions / add-ons
All custom setup for being more productive
·Jul 16, 2022·
2 min read
Play this article
I have been trying out software since 2008. Back then software was coming in CDs in tech magazines. After all these years, here is what I have been settling on:
I had tried IE, Edge, Safari, Opera, Maxthon, Avant, Vivaldi, etc. I had been a Google Chrome user for a long time. A few years back when Firefox launched Containers, I switched to Firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox Developer Edition
- I use Firefox, especially for its container feature.
- I am a contributor to the Mozilla community, so a bit of emotional attachment is there.
- Brave I use to use Google Input tools add-on to write into Odia Wikipedia and to make Shabdarasa posts in Odia.
- To try out new Chromium-based Add-ons.
- Video Speed controller
- I use this to go beyond 2x speed while watching any video.
- Highest went till 4x speed.
- Containers are like Independent cookies-based tabs synced with your bookmarks.
- Firefox Multi-Account Containers lets you keep parts of your online life separated into color-coded tabs. Cookies are separated by the container.
- For example, In two different tabs in the same window, you can open two different Twitter accounts.
- Spelling/Grammar corrector
- Thumbnail rating bar
- Without opening the youtube videos, from the thumbnail of the video you can see how many people liked/disliked the video.
- Dark reader
- It converts any webpage to dark mode.
- It helps to read on the bed before sleeping without too much straining the eyes.
- uBlock origin
- Finally settled with this AdBlocker.
- It supports customized Ad blocking as well.
- This Add-on helps me identify any text font.
- Helps me detect what web framework, tools, and technologies are used in a website.
- Provides the hex code of any color on a website.
- To quickly preview a photo in full size, without clicking on the image.
- Adds preview of the websites on the search results.
- It saves any important website to my notion (a note-taking app) workspace.
- It automatically makes tabs inactive if Idle for a custom time period.
- It has a feature, which helps you read faster.
- I have been experimenting with this Add-on and have not settled yet.
I would love to know any other add-on which is super useful to you and I should try that out. To get more such updates you can follow me on Twitter @soumendrak_.
Did you find this article valuable?
Support Soumendra kumar sahoo by becoming a sponsor. Any amount is appreciated!