This is a part of my job interviews series.
- Years of Experience: 4.5 years
- Relevant Python experience: 2 years
- Year: August 2016
- Mode: Telephonic
- Position: Python developer
- Company: Sungard AS
I have mentioned the main questions and the ladder questions around that question under it.
First telephonic round
- When does the bytecode gets generated?
- During import of the module
- Mention a few default modules installed in Python
- What is the significance of
- How and Why do we use Decorators in Python?
- What will be the output of the following statement:
for i in range(3): print(i)
- How to convert an integer to a string?
- What is the difference between Tuples and Lists?
- Tuples are immuatable
- Tuples can be the key to a dictionary
- Tuples are faster compared to Lists
- How does memory management happen in Python (Heap structure)?
- Reference count of each object has been maintained by Python
- If the reference count becomes less than 1, that object gets deleted
- What are the built-in types of Python?
- Which pattern does Django support?
- What are
- Which databases have you used?
- Did you use Unit testing? If yes, how did you implement it?
Second round onwards
Got an email that I did not qualify.
- Another rejection :(
- This time at least the discussion went on for about an hour.
- I answered most of the questions and was optimistic that I will get a second-round call. However, my answers were not good enough for them.
I have appeared in 20+ interviews so far. You can check out my job interview series for the rest of the interviews experiences.
Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank You.